We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
DIY sunscreen: the recipe for preparing a sunscreen with natural ingredients at home. It is very easy to prepare and the ingredients are very simple and easy to find.
By now summer is upon us, there is little time left to lie down in the sun and take the first tan. Unfortunately, not everyone knows that to enjoy a healthy tan it is good to expose yourself to the sun in a conscious way, taking care to use good products for our skin.
Exposure to sunlight must always be done with conscience, respecting the health of our skin. We must therefore choose the products very carefully, as most of them contain toxic substances. While on the one hand they have a protective action against UV rays, on the other they have negative and harmful effects on our skin. You may be interested in reading the article "How to get a tan quickly"
When you go to the beach you must never forget your sunscreen to protect yourself from harmful sun rays. To save money and still have an ally against UVA and UVB rays, you can appeal to nature. You can, in fact, prepare a sunscreen at home as effective as those you find on the market, but without the chemicals they contain.
On this page we will show you how to make a DIY sunscreen with natural ingredients at home. It is very easy to prepare and the ingredients you need are very simple and easy to find. It is also of excellent quality, very effective and with a sun protection factor of twenty or higher if you want.
What we need
- 150 ml of olive oil
- 50 ml of coconut oil
- 50 ml of beeswax
- Two tablespoons of zinc oxide
- 5 drops of essential oil of the fragrance you like best.
Please note: each tablespoon of zinc oxide corresponds to a sun protection factor of ten; if you want to increase the factor, simply add another couple of tablespoons.
What is zinc oxide
Many mothers know zinc oxide as the basic ingredient of many baby creams. In addition to counteracting irritation and inflammation, zinc oxide hides many other really interesting properties. In this case, it earns a place of honor in the recipe for DIY sunscreen thanks to its ability to act as a real sunscreen, capable of reflecting UVA and UVB rays, preventing them from damaging the skin.
Where to buy zinc oxide?
You can buy it online or at the supermarket in the baby items department
How to proceed
- In a glass bowl, mix the olive oil and coconut oil together with the beeswax
- Add the essential oil chosen to flavor the cream then put it all to heat in a bain-marie to ensure that it melts
- Stir to mix all ingredients well
- When these are perfectly dissolved, add the zinc oxide and continue stirring, being very careful not to inhale the zinc oxide
- When the cream is viscous but not very thick, remove from heat and let it rest for a few minutes
- Transfer the mixture into a bottle, preferably glass
- Let it rest for at least one day before using it.
Thanks to this recipe you will benefit from an excellent and effective sun protection without any risk of contamination by toxic products and you can also sunbathe to stimulate the production of vitamin D in peace, knowing that you are well protected. In any case, try to follow all the necessary precautions correctly, because do-it-yourself sun creams do not always guarantee valid protection from UV rays.
DIY sunscreen, useful tips
- Always store the cream in a cool and dry place, inside a glass bottle or container
- Repeat the application of the cream on the skin frequently, especially after bathing in water, to ensure its effectiveness
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun, especially during the hottest hours